The La Vergne Fire Department answers calls relating to residential, business, or industrial fires; outdoor fires; hazardous material calls (including gas leaks and other chemicals); motor accidents; and medical calls when requested by ambulance service.
Call 9-1-1 in a life-threatening emergency!
View the features and location of each station.
Additionally, burn permits are available from any fire station on weekends from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. At other times, burn permits are issued by the La Vergne Police Department.
Training & Credentials
In addition to their extensive training in fire, the department members also have completed and extensively trained in the following Hazardous-Materials studies:
- Hazardous Materials Basic Concepts
- Hazardous Materials Concept Implementation
- Incident Command (ICS)
- Radiological Monitoring
- Emergency Response to Terrorism
- Methamphetamine Awareness
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- National Response Plan (NRP)
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Hazardous Materials Team Operations
Google Virtual Tour of Fire Station 3
The La Vergne Fire Department offers a virtual tour of Fire Station 3 via Google. Access the Google Virtual Tour.
On December 31, 2013, the City of La Vergne purchased the privately owned fire department from Chief James Gafford. Previously, it had operated as a private, for-profit business paid by city funding. The La Vergne Fire Department, Incorporated was founded by A.C. Wintermeyer and James Gafford in 1965.