Old Timers Festival
The Old Timers Festival for 2016 is scheduled for Saturday, September 17. We will have the traditional parade on Saturday morning, followed by a full day of fun and entertainment.
- Hometown Heros
- Parade Grand Marshal: Mr. Vinny Pollizzotto
- Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Carnival: September 14 through 17
Letter from the Mayor Dennis Waldron
I want to welcome you with open arms and southern hospitality to the 2016 Old Timers Festival at La Vergne. It has been an annual event for over 35 years. The event starts with an awesome parade through the heart of the city. The parade will finish up at Veterans Memorial Park where you will find booths, crafts and local vendors, great food and lots of fun for everyone. It has been a Middle Tennessee tradition for years.
- 2016 Old Timers Festival CIVIC GROUP APPLICATION (PDF)
- 2016 Old Timers Festival CRAFT APPLICATION (PDF)
- 2016 Old Timers Festival FOOD APPLICATION (PDF)
- 2016 Old Timers Festival PARADE APPLICATION (PDF)
- 2016 Old Timers Festival POLITICAL APPLICATION (PDF)
- 2016 Old Timers Festival SPONSOR APPLICATION (PDF)
- The theme for the 2016 event is “Hometown Heros”.
- The Grand Marshal of the 2016 parade will be Mr. Vinny Pollizzotto, one of the oldest WWII veterans living in La Vergne.
- The parade is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 17.
- Carnival Dates and Times:
September 14 - 17
Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 11:00 p.m.
- The Festival is Free! Wristbands for the Carnival are $20 for kids and $25 for an adults. Tickets for rides are $1.25 each.
Parade Route Closings and Information
Line-up for the parade will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Bicentennial Park next to City Hall. All floats must be in their place no later than 9 a.m. and participants must be in place by 9:30 a.m. for judging. Place numbers will be given upon parade check-in Saturday morning. The parade route will be City Hall to Veterans Memorial Park.
Beginning at 9:30 a.m., WEST Murfreesboro Road (going toward Nashville) will be closed for the parade. West bound traffic between Veterans Memorial Pkwy (by the post office) and 73rd Avenue (by the library) will be diverted to the East bound side (one lane each direction). Residents of Rutherford Pointe and Pattys Cove area will be allowed to leave on Floyd Mayfield (only toward Sand Hill Road) until the parade is close to Floyd Mayfield and it is no longer safe for traffic. At that time, residents will not be able to leave until the parade is complete. Additionally, traffic will be heavily impacted at the following intersections along Murfreesboro Road: Madison Square/George Chaney, Stones River Road, Floyd Mayfield. Any entries to businesses along the route will also be affected. This traffic impact is only during the parade, not throughout the weekend.
Applications and Registration
In March the Festival Committee will begin accepting applications for crafters, food vendors, sponsors, civic groups and organizations wishing to display items, and parade entries. You can find these forms on this page.
Very Important Persons (VIPs)
On behalf of the citizens of La Vergne, our sincere gratitude goes to the sponsors of Old Timers Festival. Your contributions - whether monetary or in-kind - help provide the majority of funding for this community event. We encourage our community to stop by sponsor booths or to visit them at their businesses to express appreciation for their generous support.
Groups and Vendors
Please welcome the following civic groups, crafters, and food vendors!
- Box 100
- BSA Pack 340/Troop 340 of La Vergne
- Grace Church Worship and Community Center
- House of Faith Outreach Ministries
- La Vergne Church of Christ
- La Vergne High School Band Boosters
- Rolling Thunder, INC
- Roy Waldron Drama
- Rutherford County Right to Life
- Discounts Galore
- E.T Country Peddler - Lil Bit of Country - handmade quilts, aprons, dolls ,burlap bags, etc…
- Ed Shamory - Embroidery items
- La Vergne Senior Center - an assortment of handmade items
- My Sister’s Creations - Handmade jewelry and other handmade décor
- The Honeybee Farm and Pantry
- Trisha Clarke - Handmade jewelry and floral arrangements
- Back Draft BBQ
- Bob’s Fish Fry
- Chez Lama Haitian Cuisine
- Moon’s BBQ
- Nanny and Papa’s Concession
- Will’s Chills/Little Jimmy’s Italian Ice