- Your Government
- City Departments
- Human Resources
The primary goal of the City of La Vergne Human Resources Department is to provide a quality workforce to carry out the services provided by the City for the citizens of our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of La Vergne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits.
The City of La Vergne is a drug-free workplace. All candidates selected for any job opening must pass a physical exam, and safety-sensitive positions must pass a drug test before starting the job.
Employee salaries are approved by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. Cost of living increases are determined on an annual basis as part of the city budget process by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
Employee benefits are approved by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
The following employee insurance premiums are paid at 100 percent for full-time employees, their spouses, and their dependents:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Banking and Retirement
The following employee banking and retirement benefits are available:
- 401(a) Retirement Plan (fully vested from enrollment date) with 4.5% contribution when the employee contributes 1%. Administered by Mission Square.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan administered by Mission Square. Up to a 3.5% contribution when the employee contributes 7%.
- Credit Union membership qualification - sponsored by Ascend Credit Union.
- IRA ROTH retirement plan administered by Mission Square.
The following are Paid Time-Off benefits:
- Sick Leave (SL) - 9 days per year.
- Personal Leave (PTO) - 3 days per year.
- Vacation Leave (VL) - varies depending on years of service - 10 days for 1st year through 5th year of employment with annual accrual rate increases beginning at 6 years.
- Comp Time (C) - varies based on the employee's ability to earn overtime. Up to 40 hours of comp time may be banked at any given time.
The following are additional benefits based on years of employment with the City of La Vergne.
- Full-time employees receive $70 the first year, with $50 annual increases to a maximum of $720 annually.
- Part-time employees receive $70.
Classification of Employment
Works 30 hours or more per week and is entitled to all benefits and privileges of employment determined by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
Works less than 30 hours per week with no benefits entitlement.