Library Programs & Events
Fri Nov. 1 - Wed Nov. 27$$ Food for Fines $$ Donate undamaged, unexpired boxed or canned non-perishable food items during this time and up to $1.00 will be waived from existing overdue fines for each item donated. All donations benefit “Thanksgiving & Christmas Food Baskets for Kids & Seniors!” sponsored by the La Vergne Police DepartmentRead More
Wed Nov. 13Once Upon A Storytime Ages 2 and up This storytime focuses on early literacy through stories, songs, dancing, rhymes, fingerplays, and crafts. Come visit the Puppet House. Who knows who may show up there?Read More
Wed Nov. 13Yarn Spinners Knitting Group Advanced knitting & crochetingRead More
Thu Nov. 14Little Treasures Birth to 24 months. Calling all infants and toddlers, 0-2 years old! Join us each Thursday for a fun time of songs, rhymes, puppets, stories and much more. Don’t forget to bring an adult with you so you can share the fun of books and the library.Read More
Thu Nov. 14"Cool" A.I.D. This program is molded for those with disabilities, offering them a time to get together in a fun setting to meet and socialize with others. We'll be doing different activities such as dance/exercise, art projects, games, etc. Individuals will be involved at whatever level they can participate. Caregivers must be present.Read More
Thu Nov. 14ADULT EVENT - Creative Space Mixed Media Art Cards. Sign up at the Circulation desk.Read More
Please note that storytimes occasionally take time off. Check our library catalog website or call for current dates and times. Parents/caregivers must attend storytimes with their children.
Once Upon A Storytime
- Ages: 2 and up
- Schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- The above storytimes are identical. Please attend any of them as your child's schedule permits.
- This storytime focuses on early literacy through stories, songs, dancing, rhymes, fingerplays, and crafts. Come visit the Puppet House. Who knows who may show up there?
- Ages: Birth to 24 months
- Schedule: Thursday, 10 a.m.
- Calling all infants and toddlers, 0-2 years old! Join us each Thursday for a fun time of songs, rhymes, puppets, stories and much more. Don't forget to bring an adult with you so you can share the fun of books and the library.
Jammies & Stories
- Schedule: Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
- Can't make it to storytime during the day? This is the storytime for you! Jammies and Stories takes place every Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. Children are welcome to come dressed in their jammies, so they are ready for bed when they get home. They may also bring their favorite bedtime toy, pillow, and blanket so they can settle in for a great bedtime story.
- Ages: Kindergarten - 3rd grade
- Schedule: Monday at 10 a.m.
- Home-schooled children from kindergarten through third grade will enjoy this special storytime. We have fun music and dancing, we read great books, and we make a craft to go along with the story.